Knitted Random Cushion CW4005 – All Wool Cover
- The Knitted Random Cushion CW4005 – All Wool Cover is our current offering, hand crafted in two-toned yellow and grey hand-dyed wool.
- Buttercup and Flint, as the names suggest , are the inspirations for the colour names of these yellow and grey hues.
- Creatively knit together hand-dyed yarns, this colour way makes a bold statement. Therefore, why not make a stunning addition to your living room, include this unique blue cushion in your decor.
100% Canadian Wool
- Our knitting team member, Nutbar Knits, hand makes this unique cushion cover locally in Nova Scotia, Canada. Knit using tactile, Canadian wool, this knitted, Buttercup/Flint Random cushion is a general favourite.
- This comfortable cushion, all wool knitted, is environmentally friendly. Natural wool is a sustainable fibre. Farmers and ranchers shear their sheep at least annually as their fleece doesn’t shed, since, without this regular shearing the fleece overgrows potentially harming the sheep.
- The yarn chosen to craft our pillows , a robust hand knitting yarn, will provide years of wear and enjoyment. Unlike the more common merino these yarns have more body and a firmer hand. Therefore, our local hand-knitters favour this sturdy Canadian yarn spun in Atlantic Canada for knitting outdoor wear, likewise, we prefer this yarn for our Knitted Random Cushion CW4005 – All Wool Cover.
- And for those customers who are concerned about happy sheep, as are we, it is 100% ethically sourced Canadian wool! We are fortunate in Canada. We don’t need the harsh methods sometimes needed elsewhere to keep their sheep healthy.
Easy Care Wool
- Wool is easy care with the right washing techniques and mild soap or detergent. We recommend mild products such as Eucalan.
- The technique for washing wool is very simple.
- Firstly, soak your cushion cover in cool water with a little soap.
- Next squeeze out the excess water, don’t wring, then roll in a towel or spin dry in your washer.
- Lastly, lay flat until dry.